Coaching is a professional process enabling individual or team potential development.
Coaching is born in USA and is knowing a continuous deployment for now some decades in France, in Europe and more widely in all continents.
This profession has known in the same period a professionalization process.
To understand all of its facets, the ethical and deontological frame, several professional associations are available:
- Société française de Coaching / SF coach
- European-Coaching Association/ EMCC
- International Coaching Federation/ ICF
Some information to enlighten about:
It may be sometimes difficult to get your bearings in this label, certifications, accreditations and coaching training programs proliferation which grew last years.
- Certification or accreditation is linked and specific to the association the coach has chosen to join. Different levels and process according to the association, please click on
- Certifications according each individual training program.
I fulfilled the Professional Coach certification process from International Mozaik (November 2013) whose training program is ICF certified (ACTP : Accredited Coaching Training Program)
This certification process for this training program based on Theory of systemic is
- 336 training hours (42 days)
- Dissertation with coaching expériences
- 2 days of assessment (11 competencies from ICF frame)
- Deontological code – see websites
I observe the ICF deontological code.
- A frame to assess competencies requested for the accreditation – see websites
ICF proposes 11 key competences.
- Since 2016, Professional Coaching has become a profession recognized by the French RNCP (Registre National de la Certification Professionnelle)
The 3 selected models can also support an individual or a Team coaching process